76% of Americans disapprove of George W. Bush’s performance. That is an all-time high since polling began. The rest of the 24% of Americans – that’s called a minority or a fringe.
Bush breaks yet another record. George Bush’s disapproval rating is the highest of any President. Ever.
Pine beetles are also eating at Utah’s forests. Part of a Utah newspaper story: the complex relationship between climate change, pine beetles and wildfires.
File this in a desperate campaign’s attempt to garner attention. Republican Bob Schaffer is telling audiences that Rep. Mark Udall won’t debate him. Despite the fact that they’ve debated six times already and have eight more scheduled in the next 47 days, or one per week. Udall’s spokesman said it best, “I have two concerns here. One is that Bob Schaffer can’t count. The other is that he is dishonest.” Hey Bob, there’s a reason your campaign is down by double digits. Telling lies won’t close that gap – it will just make you look like an ass when you lose.
Global warming is being recognized as debilitating the health of forests in the mountains of Colorado. This is actually a larger problem in that forests from Canada to Mexico are falling to the mountain pine beetle. Winters are getting progressively warmer because we continue to emit too many greenhouse gases at a breakneck pace. More on this later.
Bush’s disapproval rating is now the worst of any president in 70 years. 69% of the American public doesn’t like the job the President is doing. What a disaster!
HAHAHAHAHA! Bob Schaffer‘s anti-abortion credentials are being questioned. How will the fringe right spin this? Will they continue to patch up the differences that a coalition of corporat-crats and theo-crats contains in the short-term? Their long-term goals are quite different. What kind of bargain will Colorado evangelicals strike to get their ridiculous “an egg is a person” amendment on the ballot? What are they going to get in return? A Republican Senator who would vote for federal judges who want to reverse Roe v. Wade publicly but who supports forced abortions on workers privately. That’s not standing up for any kind of a principle.